NOTICE: Hwy 417 Queensway Closure This Weekend OCT24th-25th 2015
Sounds like a good weekend to stay close to home.
Drivers have been advised to find an alternate route as a section of Hwy. 417 between Rochester St. and Metcalfe St. will be closed for the Kent Street Rapid Bridge Demolition and Replacement from Friday at 10 p.m. until Sunday at 11 p.m.
Although the section of the Queensway to be closed is relatively short, additional road and ramp closures could make getting on or off the Queensway troublesome anywhere between Maitland and Riverside Dr. Drivers can expect heavy volume and extreme delays while heading in any direction that leads to the core. Westbound traffic will have a short (but narrow) detour while Eastbound traffic will have a much longer detour down Bronson and back up Riverside Dr. Perceived ‘shortcuts’ will cause extra volume throughout the Glebe and Centretown.
Only two lanes in both directions will be opened on Sunday. The remainder of the lanes are expected to open Monday by 5 p.m.
The following Hwy. 417 eastbound ramps will be closed starting at 10 p.m. Friday until midnight on Monday:
- Carling Ave. W to 417 east
- Carling Ave. E to 417 east
- Parkdale Ave. N/S to 417 east
The follow westbound on ramps will be closed until Monday at 5 p.m.:
- O’Connor Street N to 417 west
Local road closures from Friday to Sunday include:
- Chamberlain Ave. between Bronson Ave. and Bank St.
- Percy St. between Catherine St. and Chamberlain Ave.
- Percy Street at Chamberlain Ave.
- Lyon St. at Chamberlain Ave.
- Glendale Ave. at Chamberlain Ave.
- Imperial Ave. at Chamberlain Ave.
- Kent St. between Catherine St. and Arlington Ave. (from Friday until Saturday at 10 p.m. only)
Additional closures affecting Highway 417 traffic during the October 23 weekend include:
- Parkdale Avenue and Carling Avenue on-ramps to the 417 eastbound will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday, October 23 to midnight Sunday, October 25
- O’Connor Street on-ramp to the 417 westbound remains closed and will reopen on Monday, October 26
- Eastbound off-ramp at Kent Street will remain closed until the end of December
Eastbound traffic on Hwy. 417 will be rerouted to exit at Rochester St. to Booth St., Carling Ave., Bronson Ave., Riverside Dr. and the Hwy. 417 eastbound on-ramp at Riverside Dr.
Westbound traffic will be rerouted to exit at Metcalfe St. with detour route to Catherine St. to Hwy. 417 westbound on-ramp at Bronson Ave.